Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Weeds

I have completed spraying the course with Pre-emerge and post-emerge.  I anticipate a clean golf course out there.  Some weeds were not affected by the rate of Glyphosate so I will be spot spraying soon.  Clover and wild onion are the two weeds visible.  Also I have sprayed the greens to control the Poa annua.  This weed thrives this time of year with the warmer days and cool nights.  The reason I have just now sprayed is based on weather.  The herbicide I use works best when we have warm temps, so to spray it when its in the 40's or 50's makes no sense as it is less effective.  The product may take a few weeks to completely kill the Poa.  Thanks to those who keep reminding me it is there...


This week has done a lot for the course.  3 Days in the 80's with another coming tomorrow.  We have seen quite a bit of green up on the fairways and tees.  The warmer temps has also triggered the lowering of the greens mowers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment