Tuesday, June 30, 2015

June Recap

As I write this I am enjoying life, at the beach on vacation.  Yes I know, there are better things for me to do but just a quick recap for the month.  First off, I am very proud of my staff.  They have really worked hard this month preparing the golf course for 2 big events.  Monday June 22nd NCC hosted a GSGA Georgia Amateur Qualifier.  75 players competed for 16 spots.  NCC's own talent of Trevor Smith and Carson Vaughn competed and played very well.  Trevor shot 68 and Carson shot 69.  68 was low round of the day.  They will now compete in the State Amateur at Sea Island in a few weeks.  Good Luck!

Also this past weekend was Member/Guest.  I felt like the golf course was in great shape.  I heard several compliments on how the greens rolled, and course conditions.  The crew put in a lot of hours in the heat this month to have the course ready. Speaking of HEAT, it has been hot!  We have had warmer than average temperatures this month, 7-10 degrees warmer than normal.

We are catching up on rainfall after a very dry May.  Many days in June were wet and it looks like we may end the month that way.  The weather for Member/Guest was very challenging, but we got it all in without having to use Sunday.  I gladly accept rain, I learned to not complain about it, just deal with it!

We plan to aerify greens Monday July 6.  The course will be closed all day so we can work uninterrupted.  We will use 3/8" tines, backfill the holes with sand, drag, verticut, mow, fertilize and water.  It will take us all day to complete this process.  Hopefully the weather will cooperate and allow us to complete this job.  While I know the greens are in great shape it must be done.  I expect a 2 week recovery and we will have them ready for The Kirby.

No comments:

Post a Comment