Monday, April 22, 2013

Divots, ballmarks and bikes....

I wanted to bring up something that needs to be addressed; divots and ballmarks.  For the most part most of our golfers take care of the golf course.  However, I am seeing more and more unrepaired ballmarks on greens.  I believe many of these ballmarks and divots come from late afternoon play and or practice.   Last week as I was on #16 fairway I could not help but to notice the many divots scattered along the fairway.  From approx. 100 yards in I counted 51 fresh divots!  You can probably guess where the balls landed.... the green.  The fairways were mowed that same day and by the next morning another 20 plus divots showed up. Getting out as a single and playing 2 or 3 balls is one thing but this has to stop.  Other areas where ballmarks were abundant were 5, 15, and 17 greens.  Please do your part and take care of the course.  Repair ballmarks, fill divots, rake your foot prints after you play from a bunker.

Another thing I have noticed lately is bicycle tracks in bunkers.  If they are riding in the bunkers it is likely they are riding across the greens.  I know the weather has become nice, but please talk to your children about where they can and can't ride a bike.  We had a similar issue last year with this and parents got involved and ended it.  Not only is it a safety concern but becomes a liability for NCC if someone is injured.

Thanks for your cooperation

No comments:

Post a Comment